HDIFAT? = How Do I Feel About That?
HDIFAMA? = How Do I Feel About My Answer?
HDIF = How Do I Feel?
- What are some of my attitudes toward children? HDIFAMA?
- Do I think children should be seen and not heard? HDIF A T?
- Do I think children should speak only when spoken to? HDIFAMA?
- Do I think children should obey without question because we are their parents? HDIFAMA?
- Are we superior to our children or are they equal to us? HDIFAMA?
- How do I regard our children? Do they belong to us? Are they gifts from God? Are they our possessions? What does the phrase “our children” really mean to us? HDIFAT?
- Are we concerned about how our children act towards others? Are they free to be themselves or do we expect certain actions? HDIFAT?
- Are we just expecting our children to have good qualities or do we seek to teach them these qualities? Do we show them a good example? HDIFAT?
- What attitudes will our children have about parenthood? HDIF A T?
- HDIF when our children do something not necessarily wrong, but in opposition to what we think they should do?
- HDIF when our children are impolite to others?
- HDIF when our children are selfish?
- Are our children only allowed to talk with us when we feel like it on our terms, our time, our subjects? HDIFAMA?
- Do we really listen to our children? Sometimes? Only when it’s serious? When it’s important to us? HDIFAT?
- Do our children come to us freely with problems or questions? Are they afraid of our unconcern or possible rejection? How do we react in these situations? HDIFAMA?
- HDIFA caring for our children? Is it a job, a chore, a burden? Is it a joy to be with them? Do I resent their presence sometimes, their peskiness, the time they take away from our couple relationship?
- HDIF when they disobey once, twice, often?
- In what ways do I wish our children would change? What are those areas? Why? HDIFAT?
- Must they excel in all they do, or will I accept an underachiever and not be disappointed? HDIFAMA?
- Do our children reflect us? In what ways? HDIF A T?
- Do our children see us as parents or dictators? HDIF A T?
- How do I react when our children cry? HDIF A T?
- How do I feel when our children want to help us with a task when we are in a hurry to get it done?
- What are our children’ s attitudes toward us? HDIF A T?
- Are we consistent? Have we given our children reason to trust what we say?
- Do we discipline in love, anger, or resentment? HDIFAMA?
- Do I allow neighbors’ opinions, values, etc., to influence our decisions regarding discipline? Is it for the better? Is it our fear of rejection from the neighbors? HDIFAMA?
- Do our children know the value of money? Do they take all our possessions for granted? Are desserts, gum, candy, and small gifts special or taken for granted? HDIFAT?
- Are we aware of what values or morals we are trying to teach our children? HDIFAMA?